17th March 2020: We have suspended all our activities, lunch clubs and events until further notice.
We will endeavour to remain open Mon-Friday 10am-12noon throughout this period. We hope to always have someone on the end of a phone. Our tel is 01706 817 926
We are looking at how we can
help, but mainly we can:
- Lend a listening ear
- Provide information and signpost you to organisations
- Help with admin/phone calls
- Check out possible scams
- Apply for attendance allowance and pension credit
Currently looking at helping with
- shopping- including animal food/cat litter.
- Delivering books/puzzle books/art materials
- Dog walking
- We can’t come into your home, or do any cleaning, personal care.
Other helpful numbers:
- Gateway to Care- Calderdale social services: 01422 393 000 (particularly around your social care needs at home)
- Age UK advice line: 0800 678 1602 (Advice about money, care, health, housing etc)
- Healthy Minds Todmorden: 01706 810311 (anxiety support)
- NHS 111: (for health advice)
We are trying to collate information about what services are continuing, what businesses are doing local deliveries and who can help you. Call us if you need some information and hopefully we can help. Volunteers welcome!!
Current Government Guidelines (17th March)
People over 70 are encouraged to stay at home for the next few months. This is not only for your own safety, but to help stop the spread of the illness, and relieve the NHS. Cutting physical contact is vital to help you stay safe.
You must not leave the house AT ALL for 7 days if you live alone or 14 days if you or your partner have been displaying any symptoms (particularly dry cough, and fever, but any cold/flu like symptoms).